Saturday, June 20, 2015

3D printing the Fallout 4 Keychain

Earlier this week, I found a Fallout 4 keychain, and with the game coming out in a few months, I wanted to add this to my keychain with my car keys.  As mentioned in previous posts, using the MatterControl Touch, I quickly sliced and printed this object in about an hour.







Overall the print came out very well, however there was some stringing of PLA in between each letter, and along the letter "L"s.  Using the Octave 3D printing tool kit, I was able to quickly remove the stringing and clean up the lettering.

Some slicing/printing information:
Print time:  1h18m
Filament: 1.75mm PLA (Natural color)
Filament Needed: 1223mm
Quality: 0.1mm
Print Speed: 40mm/s
Outer Perimeter Speed: 28mm/s
Infill Speed: 40mm/s
Infill: 80%
Shell Thickness: 0.8mm
Temperatures: (Hotend) 180C, (Bed) 60C

Printed on:  SeeMeCNC Orion Delta

If you are interested in watching the time lapse of the SeeMeCNC Orion Delta printing this Thing, check out my YouTube video here:

































Thank you very much for reading this blog entry.  Please continue to follow me on YouTube and subscribe for future 3D printing videos, every Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment